Fantastic Parsley Sauce For Cod
This is my Parsley Sauce For Cod
Over the years this sauce for cod has been adapted slightly, it’s so creamy and delicious, once I had made this I wouldn’t buy the pre-packaged sauces any-more. I hope you like it as much as we do.
You could make this parsley sauce for cod, salmon or maybe chicken. I like to be organised and pre-prepared when it comes to dinner’s so when I make this sauce I use a third for the dinner and put the other two thirds into two foil containers ** and freeze them.
When I plan to use the sauce for dinner I simply get out of the freezer in the morning and let it defrost naturally, warming through just as I need it.
1/2 Pint Stock (Veg, Fish or Chicken)
30g Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
1/2 Pint Warm Milk
1 Egg Yolk
50g Single Cream
Salt To Taste
- Melt the butter in a pan and stir in the flour, cook for about 2 minutes, stirring continuously so the roux doesn’t stick or burn.
- Add warm stock slowly and keep stirring.
- Add the milk slowly, keep stirring and add salt to taste.
- Simmer until smooth, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped parsley and simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Just before serving whisk the egg yolk and cream together then pour into the pan.
- Pour the sauce into a sauce boat ** , serve and Enjoy!
Message me if you make this sauce and let me know how you get on, I’d love to hear from you.
If you enjoyed reading our blog posts Sign up today for weekly Inspiration, Advice, and Ideas direct to your inbox